St James the Great Church is a welcoming and friendly family orientated congregation using modern central catholic style of liturgy. It seeks to serve the communities of Bierton, Hulcott, Bierton Park, The Coppice, Elmhurst (north side of the Aylesbury ring road), Watermead and Buckingham Park and is in the Parish of Bierton and Hulcott.
The building is thought to date back to 14th. century and the main structure has changed very little since then. In the 15th. / 16th. centuries the walls of the north and south aisles were raised and extra windows added. The present roof and the stained glass windows are 19th. century.
The church has 7 fine bells, the oldest dating back to 1678. The bells and bell frame were refurbished in 1972.
The bells are rung regularly each Sunday and for special services.