We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
A church in Woldingham was first mentioned in 1270; that church being then, as now, St Agatha's, about half a mile south of the village green. With the growth of the village's population in Victorian times, a new, larger, wooden church dedicated to St Paul, was built in 1905 on the site of the current village hall.
However, as Woldingham continued to grow in the 1920s and 1930s, Mr Alexander Shaw, later Lord Craigmyle, in memory of his father-in-law, the Earl of Inchcape, decided to donate a new St Paul's to the village.
The church was designed by Sir Herbert Baker in a medieval style and built of flint and stone in 1933. The lettering "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace" behind the alter is set in agates donated by the Nizam of Hyderabad. The colourful, stained-glass windows were designed by Douglas Strachan and H Hendrie.
In 2007, a new church room, in total harmony with the style of the existing building, was added to St Paul's.
For further information about St Paul's, click on 'About the Church' under 'Related Pages' below.
In recent years, St Paul's has been blessed to see a growing attendance of new worshippers, particularly amongst young families moving to the village.
All Christians, as well as non-Christians, are welcome to visit St Paul's.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below