Flaunden: St Mary Magdalene
Welcome to our beautiful church and friendly, welcoming weekly services.
The church of St Mary Magdalene was built in 1837/8 and was the first church designed by the renowned architect Sir George Gilbert Scott, a nephew of the then incumbent Rev Samuel King. The church was built to replace a medieval church about two miles away in what was a former site for Flaunden village; nothing now remains of this earlier church or settlement. The church was consecrated on 19th June 1838 by the Bishop of Lincoln.
Please donate and support us!
Support our work to maintain the church and in the community