Heythrop has two churches. The main church was built in the 1870’s, using local stone, by Albert Brassey, who owned Heythrop Park. It is typical of the Victorian gothic style and is in good order. It has three bells but these are only able to be chimed. As the only public building in the parish it is used for village meetings. The church replaced a Norman church, the chancel of which still exists, to the south east in a hidden walled Churchyard, which is opened once a year for a summer ‘Songs of Praise’ service. The old church has a striking west doorway from around 1170.
Visitors are always very welcome.