Hungerford is a small, historic market town on the Berkshire/Wiltshire border, in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The present Parish Church of St Lawrence's was built between 1814 and 1816 and is on the site of 2 earlier Parish Churches.
St Lawrence's is a Church of England church with a core of committed members.
Our congregation is made up of people from many different backgrounds, spanning a wide age range (0 – 101) and with preferences for different styles of service.
We are an integral part of the community.
A large proportion of the population of the parish will pass through our doors at some point during the year. St. Lawrence’s is a place people turn to in times of joy and sorrow.
We have a keen sense of our mission.
We are called to love God and love our neighbours as ourselves. So we seek to worship God, to care for others and to be a faithful Christian witness to our community.