Church of England Diocese of Oxford Midgham

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

0118 971 0124

0118 981 3441

Getting here

St Matthew’s stands on the top of a hill overlooking the Kennet valley. Church services in Midgham date from 1622. From then until 1714 they were performed in a chapel in the park near to the former Midgham House.
Mr Benjamin Buck Greene, owner of Midgham House arranged for construction of the present church which dates from 1869. The architect was John Johnson.
The organ presented by the then vicar in 1872 is a chamber organ in the style of the late 18th century, probably dating from the early 19th century. It has been altered at times in its life; at one time it was located behind the pulpit, this has recently been restored.

Services follow the pattern of Matins on the first Sunday of the month, Common Worship Holy Communion on the second and fourth Sunday’s and a said Book of Common Prayer Communion on the third Sunday. Coffee and cake is enjoyed after the service on the second Sunday.

St Mathews Midgam is one of six churches in the Benefice of Aldermaston and Woolhampton. For information about the Benefice, including who's who in the ministry team, Benefice news, services in our other churches, and events and activities, please click   www.awb.org.uk/churches/st-matthew-midgham  

 

 For information about services in the Benefice click here www.awb.org.uk/service-listings.html

 

School Hill
Midgham
Newbury
RG7 5UW

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below