Salford is 3 miles North-West of Chipping Norton in rolling countryside near the Warwickshire border. Our small church is situated on a slope to the West of the village. We are a small, friendly congregation and would welcome anyone wishing to join us for one of our traditional communion services, held on the second, third and fourth Sundays of the month, or at one of our Christmas or Easter services.
The church was largely Norman until it was rebuilt in 1854. The tower has a ring of five bells, and these are used at the wedding services that take place in the church from time to time.
Our church is part of Chipping Norton 'Benefice' along with 8 other churches: in Chipping Norton, Kingham & Churchill, Over Norton and 'The 5 Villages' (Salford, Little Compton, Cornwell, Chastleton, & Little Rollright).
This parish is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of the children and people of all ages in our church community. Our Safeguarding Officer is Jill Hannington (01993 831827, [email protected]), and our safeguarding policy is here: https://www.stmaryscnorton.com/perch/resources/190617-5villages-safeguarding-policy.pdf and all other safeguarding information can be found by following this link: https://www.stmaryscnorton.com/serving-you/safeguarding.php .