Church of England Diocese of Oxford Stanton Harcourt

About Us

The Building This is a Grade 1 Listed building dating from c. 1130. It stands next to the complex of buildings of the mediaeval manor. It is cruciform Norman and Early English with a large, square tower with six bells. The church houses the mediaeval shrine of St Edburg of Bicester and contains the Perpendicular Harcourt Chapel with the monuments of the Harcourt family. Three phases of a major restoration programme have been completed