Church of England Diocese of Oxford Waddesdon, Westcott, Over Winchendon and Fleet Marston

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01296 655069

Getting here

St Michael's - a brief history

The first stones of this church were laid around 1190. The church has been extensively enlarged and embellished over the centuries, so there are good examples of several different architectural styles throughout the church. Stonework, woodcarving and brasses are of high quality.

The font has been used for the baptism of Waddesdon generations since about 1400. The 14th century tower was demolished and rebuilt in 1892, and within the belfry are six steel bells.

Because of its size, it is thought that the church was used as a visitation church, able to accommodate the clergy and laity of the area when the Bishop of Lincoln visited.

The ornate pulpit was given by the church's patron, the Duke of Marlborough, as a thank-offering for his safe return from the Boer War.

High Street A41
Waddesdon
Aylesbury
HP18 0JQ

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below