The Church of St. Mary the Virgin is listed as Grade II*. Its patron was the Duke of Buckingham. Designed by G.E.Street the famous Victorian architect, and considered the best of his work in the county. The church was consecrated on December 23rd 1867.
The leading character of the architecture of the church is early English; it consists of a nave, two aisles, chancel, and south porch, with a central bellcote. The simplicity of the design creates a deep sense of peace and stillness.
The exterior walls are of local blue stone with Ancaster stone dressings. the interior walls are lined with pink and cream bricks, with stone dressings. The roof has exposed stained timbers with plaster infills.
The octagonal, pulpit, is in the northeast corner of the nave. The font is hexagonal, each face being semi-circular;
The east window is dedicated to Edward Charles Bulmer, killed whilst serving at RAF Westcott.
The altar designed and installed by Canon Vernon Stanley of Ickford in 1924