About the churchBuilt: 1887/1927
Architect: W V Arnold / W D Caroe
Listing: grade 2
Construction of a church on this site was commenced 1887. Work proceeded in stages but the building was largely destroyed by fire in 1920. The present church dates largely from 1927 (although it incorporates elements of the earlier building), and was built to the designs of W D Caroe, a noted ecclesiastical architect.
The church consists of a nave with north and south aisles, a chancel with a Lady Chapel to its south and vestries to its north. There is a second story above the Lady Chapel (the Guild Room), which is accessible only by an external staircase.