OpeningBecause of thefts from churches in the area, the building is normally locked except at service times. However, guided tours are available if arranged in advance. Contact the Revd Peter Streete on 01206-210457.
For satellite navigation devices, use postcode CO6 1DG
1. Exit A12 at Marks Tey junction (signposted A120 Stansted/Braintree)
1. If coming from Chelmsford/London direction take 3rd exit at roundabout at end of slip road (signposted Stanway & brown ‘elephant’ tourist sign to Colchester Zoo) – this takes you back across A12 and follow directions below from next roundabout
1. If coming from Ipswich/Colchester direction take first left at roundabout on B1408/London Road (signposted Stanway/Colchester Zoo).
2. After about ½ mile, turn right into School Road
(signposted Copford Green & brown tourist sign to Copford Church).
3. School Road leads into Copford Green
(old open-sided barn on right & The Alma pub on left).
4. Turn left after the pub into Church Road (signposted Copford Church) & continue ¼ mile to a T-junction with a picket fence ahead.
5. Turn right at the fence (to go around cricket pitch on your left).
6. At next mini-junction (with tree in middle of triangle), turn left between picket fence entrance. The church car park is on your right, opposite the cricket club.
Church Road/Aldercar Road
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below