St Andrew’s Church, Earls Colne, stands at the bottom of High Street. On one hand, it’s part of the community, opposite Earls Colne Primary School, the churchyard on the regular dog-walking track and a shortcut to the shops. On the other hand, the church is set apart just enough to be a haven of rest and quietness, somewhere to pray, and to think about God.
Services take place here most Sundays, normally at 10am supported by choir and organ in the Anglican tradition. Children are always welcome, either in church itself or in Sunday School. However, Earls Colne occasionally joins other parishes in the Halstead Team for services at Colne Engaine, White Colne or Halstead, or at the Earls Colne Baptist Church. See our service schedule on the Services and Other Events page.
The site of current Grade 2* Listed building has been a church since medieval times. The earliest section (the south aisle) dates from 1360 with the tower, with the nave being completed in 1538. The north aisle, Lady Chapel and vestry were added in 1860. Inside we have stained glass windows, many interesting memorial plaques, wooden pews and choir stalls carved by a local craftsman, alongside a kitchen and facilities added in 2011.