Welcome to the Parishes of Abberton with Langenhoe, St Andrew’s, Abberton, is fine Church in a lovely setting overlooking the Abberton Reservoir. St Mary’s Langenhoe which had been damaged in the Essex earthquake of 1884, was closed to worship in 1955 and demolished in 1963 after it was deemed structurally unsafe.
Abberton with Langenhoe, along with the parishes of Fingringhoe with East Donyland (or Rowhedge) constitute the Donyland Benefice within the Witham Deanery of the Diocese of Chelmsford
Set overlooking the Abberton Reservoir we welcome people of all ages, all church backgrounds or none, and especially those thinking about the Christian faith for the first time for prayer and quiet reflection and good liturgy.
Services are held every Sunday, with details posted each month on A Church Near You.
For more information about services or enquiries on Weddings, Baptisms, Confirmations, Prayer Group, and Taize Group contact:
Revd. Terry Walker, Curate-in-Charge
Tel: 01206 383640. Mobile: 07375 305460
Our vision statement:
"We exist to worship a loving God; to express that love in Christian community; to draw people to Jesus; to build them up as His followers; and to equip them for service for the good of the world.”
We are a warm and friendly group of people that welcomes people of all ages and all walks of life. We seek to serve people from the local area through Sunday services, a variety of events and partnerships with others in the community.