About the churchBuilt: 1893 - 94
Architect: Henry Stock
Listing: not listed
The church was built between 1893 and 1894 to the designs of H Stock who was surveyor to the Haberdashers Company. The church suffered war damage and was re-roofed in part after the war. In 1972 the western end of the church was incorporated into a new community centre designed by Gordon Cook. St Catherine's Library and housing on St Catherine's Drive also form part of the complex.
The church is built in an Early English Gothic style in Kentish ragstone with Bathstone dressings. The main roofs are pitched and slated. The accommodation comprises nave, aisles, chancel, chapel, choir vestry, priests vestry, organ chamber and small undercroft. The church is substantially built, in brick with Ragstone facing and Bathstone weathering stones and window surrounds. The nave is spanned by timber trusses and the roof slopes are finished with Westmoreland slate or Welsh slate.