Church of England Diocese of Chelmsford St. Lawrence, Newland

About Us

Situated on the top of St Lawrence Hill the Church has commanding views over the River Blackwater from Danbury in the West to the North Sea with its wind turbines in the East. This vista probably amounts to one of the finest views in Essex. The third building on this site the present building was constructed in 1878 of Kentish Ragstone and incorporates elements of the previous 14th Century building .In February 2016 an annex, known as the Anne Harper Room, was constructed on the South side to provide community facilities.