St Nicholas Church is situated prominently within the village. It is a Grade 1 listed, built 1380-1420 and the latest Quinquennial Report shows that it is generally in good condition. There is a car park and the Church contains a toilet, coffee and tea making area and there is a side chapel. We have recently completed conversion of the side Chapel to a separate meeting room by means of a glass screen in the arch and lowering the floor to Nave level.
Currently we have services on the second and fourth Sundays of each month. On both Sundays there is an 8am Holy Communion (BCP), which attracts an older age group. At 11am on the second Sunday there is a Worship Together Service and on the fourth, Parish Communion. Morning services in the Church are designed to be friendly and welcoming events and we always serve refreshments afterwards.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults.
The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding, or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese: https://www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding
Details of our Parish Safeguarding Representative can be found on the noticeboard in church.