St Andrew's Church
A large and beautiful church built of golden-brown ironstone, as is most of the village. Late Perpendicular in style with a large, well proportioned nave and interesting chancel. The Laudian, four-sided altar rails are very unusual and date from 1635. There are also some interesting wall paintings.
High up in the chancel walls there are some acoustic jars, installed in mediaeval times to improve the acoustics of the building.
St Andrew's Church is still noted for its acoustics and is much in demand for concerts and for making recordings.
Next door to the church stands the Bede House. This is a remnant of the ancient palace of the Bishops of Lincoln. The Bede House is managed by English Heritage and is open during the summer months.