About the churchBuilt: 1983
Listing: not listed
The church building has had a literally up and down history! The first St Peter's church was built in 1871 and stood at the junction of Lyme Farm Road and Courtlands Avenue where a cross now marks the site. In 1937 the church was closed or lack of members. After the war the situation changed and demand for a church grew. The old church had suffered bomb damage so it was decided to move to the church hall on the corner of Weigall Road. It was here that a new church was dedicated in 1960. When this developed structural problems it was replaced in 1983 by the present smaller, dual purpose building. At the same time Raglan Court, a block of retirement flats, was built on the site.