Who are we?
Bolton Priory is an Anglican Church within the Diocese of Leeds. There has been continuous worship on the site since 1154. When the Abbey was dissolved in 1539, permission was granted for the parish to continue worshipping in the nave which is now the Priory Church. The Reformation is a daily backdrop to our lives and, fittingly, worship is centred around the Book of Common Prayer 1662 which, in the Spirit of Pentecost, is understood and used across the world wide Anglican communion. Bolton Priory is committed, not only to reflecting the glory and majesty of God in our worship, but proclaiming the Gospel by seeking social justice and stewardship of God’s creation.