Following the Licencing of Rev Jonathan Oldfield on April 5th 2016, we now welcome him as our new minister following, the retirement of the Revd George Darby. The Church is looking forward to working under the ministry of Jonathan and his wife Claire.
Dalehead Churchyard, four miles northeast of Slaidburn, on the edge of Guisburn Forrest, was established during the late 1930's when the site of the old Parish Church made way for Stocks resevoir. St James' Church was rebuilt, stone by stone, on an area of upland pasture, and those buried in the old churchyard were removed and relocated within the present graveyard.
Dalehead Churchyard is designated a Biological Heritage Site (BHS) of county importance in Lancashire, because of its rich herb flora and diverse range of grassland plant communities.
Please enjoy the peace, tranquility and splendour of St James' Church and its churchyard - God's Acre - which is managed sympathetically for its wildlfe.
The Church building was refurbished in 2007 and a wind generator erected to provide power for lighting.
Besides being used for worship the church building also provides a place of quiet and is a refuge for ramblers in bad weather, as it provides the only shelter in the area. In addition, it is an Information Point explaining aspects of the Church and the Bowland "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".