Church of England Diocese of Leeds Weston with Denton

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01943 513340

(01943) 466098

Getting here

The Church of St Helen’s is one of two churches in the parish of Weston with Denton in the Wharfe Valley, North Yorkshire. It is one of the six Washburn Valley and Mid-Wharfe Benefice Anglican churches. St Helen's dates back to at least the 14th Century and was originally a Chapel of Ease in the then extensive Parish of Otley. Thomas Fairfax, the creator of the New Model Army, was born and baptised at Denton. The new Church was opened in 1776 to the design of John Carr as part of his plans for Denton Hall and includes an east window created by two of the finest York glass painters Henry Gyles and William Peckitt. St Helen’s is Grade 2 listed and though not consecrated it is licensed for public worship. .

Main Street
Denton
Ilkley
LS29 0HH

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below