Church of England Diocese of Leeds Austwick

About Us

Our mission: To serve the whole of our Parish and Churches through faithful prayer, through Christ’s presence and involvement in the whole community, and through the sharing of the good news of God’s love in Jesus

Our history: The church was found around 1627 as a combined chapel and school where prayers could be read and children taught, which saved the people of of the hamlet having to travel some two to three miles to the parish church through often flooded lanes.  The building was used in this way till after the Second World War when the school closed and the church took over the whole building, continuing its traditional pattern of two services a month.