St Mary's seeks to be a place for anyone to come and find the ways the Christian faith is good for our lives. Everyone is welcome to join us for worship, and to find out more about what goes on among the congregation.
The Church's Mission Statement is: Loving God, following Jesus, supporting and serving one another in the community, continuing His work in the world, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Those joining us for worship comment on the friendly welcome. We have a mixture of people in the congregation, from the traditional to Charismatic/Evangelicals.
There is a varied pattern of worship, from the informal to formal services of Holy Communion.
Although the present church building dates from 1886, it is possible that a 12th century chapel stood on the site. Evidence for this is the fine, old, Norman font which dates from 1150. There is firmer evidence to suggest that a 13th century Chapel of Ease was established. The oldest remaining part of the church building is the 15th century tower of perpendicular style. In 1743 the church was rebuilt, this building itself being replaced in 1886.