St Oswald’s, Leathley is a Grade 1 listed building of Norman or earlier foundation. The first church was built soon after 1100AD and much of it remains. The tower and east and west walls of the nave all belong to that period whilst the chancel arch, the western doorway and the window above it are all typically Norman. The church was enlarged about the year 1472 by the building of the north and south aisles and there is a fine internal door probably also from the 12th or 13th C. A nave capital bears a Percy badge, indicating a connection with the Dukes of Northumberland, Just over a century ago the church was restored by Mr F.H.Fawkes of Farnley Hall and the organ installed at the same time. The organ is now listed in its own right and has recently been completely refurbished.