Getting Married at St Luke's
Getting Married at St Luke’s
If you would like to be married, have your marriage blessed, or renew your wedding vows at St Luke’s, please contact Rev Tony Walker at [email protected] or by phone on 01535 665084.
Lots of people marry in their own local church, but we know that many like to marry in a church away from where they live because it has special significance through family or other connections. The Church of England allows people to get married in a church, if one of the couple can show just one of the seven connections with the parish listed below.
That one of you:
· has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
· was baptised in the parish concerned or
· was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
· has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
· has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
· has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
· was married in the parish
In all cases involving church services - i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage - this applies only to Church of England services. Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry in your special church.
If you or your partner has been divorced it is still possible in some cases to get married in church.
If you think you might like to get married at St Luke's please contact Rev Tony Walker as early as possible in your planning. You can contact him via email [email protected] or by phone on 01535 665084.