Please be aware that due to COVID at the moment we are only have our Sunday service at 9.45am. We hope in the near future to get some of our activities back up and running.
A warm welcome is assured to all who visit this village church. We have services for all the family. We run a Toddler Tent weekly to which pre -school age children, mums, dads, grandparents and carers are welcome. Messy Church 4 times per year and Family Service once a month. We also reach out into the community as we take Open the Book into our local primary schools. We run regular coffee mornings and Tea N Toast once a month. A Knit and Natter group also meets at our church. The group knit garments for the homeless and other items to sell and raise money. All these and other meetings and groups take place in our tent which is in the back of our church. We also have a Foodbank for those in need. Our aim is to show God's love in action to those we meet. . Please come and join us.
The church itself was built in 1843 by James Mallinson, the East end being restored in 1885 by TH and F Healey. Originally sponsored by the Foster family of Black Dyke Mill fame and still the home of the famous Black Dyke Mill Band. The tower was rebuilt and moved from the West to North West position in 1906.
The church has many excellent stained glass windows with an elaborate East window in memory of John Foster (d 1879)and his wife Ruth (d 1882).
It is recorded that this parish church possesses the highest peal of bells in the British Isles.