About the churchBuilt: 1934
Architect: J E Newberry & C W Fowler
Listing: not listed
The church is of traditional design, of a Perpendicular Gothic character, with an aisled nave, clerestory and cruciform roof, apsidal chancel, chancel north chapel, south transept tower, and church rooms south of the chancel and east of the tower. Externally it is built of red facing bricks, apparently hand-made, with slate roofs, and internally of pale, regular facing bricks, probably, "sand-lime bricks", which were quite widely used at the time the church was built. The windows are provided with stone tracery.