About the churchBuilt: 1957
Architect: Thomas Ford & Partners
Listing: not listed
The accommodation comprises nave, aisles, sanctuary, west choir, chapel, choir vestry, priest's vestry, sacristy, toilet, south west porch and tower rooms. The church is built in a classical style. The walls are constructed in sand faced multi-coloured facing bricks and there are reconstructed stone dressings to windows, buttresses and parapets. The tower roof is constructed in reinforced concrete and an octagonal concrete spire rises approximately 7m above the roof. The spire roof is covered in copper and is surmounted by a copper boss and ornamental cross. The roof over the nave, aisles and chancel is covered in interlocking Roman clay tiles and is supported on steel trusses carried on the main walls.