St John’s and St Peter’s is the Parish Church of Ladywood. Aiming to be Channels of God's transforming love
St. John’s was built 1852-1854 originating from a Mission to the area from St Martin’s in the Bullring.
The site for the new church was Ladywood Green, a 17th century Great Plague burial ground. ‘Ladywood’ itself is of unknown origin except that the nearby Perrot’s Folly dating from the mid-18th century was a viewpoint of hunting grounds and possibly the “ladies’ wood”!
St Peter’s, Spring Hill, built in 1901 was closed as an Anglican church in 2001 when it was combined with St John’s to make one new, larger parish.