About the churchBuilt: 1928
Architect: J E Newberry & C W Fowler
Listing: not listed
The foundation stone of All Saints was laid by the then Duchess of York (later the Queen Mother) in 1928, and All Saints was built to serve the growing suburb of East Sheen. The resulting building has a wonderfully uncluttered simplicity, drawing worshippers into adoration and prayer.
The church comprises the main nave with north and south aisles, and a chancel at the east end; south of the chancel is the Lady Chapel. To the north side are the vestries and organ chamber. There are south and north porches.
The external walls are built of a rustic handmade brick, and the internal walls are fair-faced flint brick. There is a small spire, and the roof is covered with plain clay tiles.
Following a fire in 1965 the church was restored and adapted. More recently the interior has been much beautified through the generosity of both the congregation and local community
Two features of All Saints deserve special mention. The Suzy Lamplugh window commemorates the estate agent who went missing in 1986, and who was, with her family a member of All Saints congregation. The window was installed in her memory in 1996. The terracotta Stations of the Cross by renowned local sculptor Nathan David were specially commissioned for All Saints by a member of the congregation, in memory of her parents.
All Saints church is open during school term time 9.00am - 3.00pm (9.00am - 6.00pm during British Summer Time), seven days a week, and we encourage any who wish to come and look around.