About the church's historyBuilt: 1957
Architect: David Nye & Partners
Listing: not listed
The church hall was built in the 1930's along with the rest of the estate. The building of the church itself was delayed by WWII until 1957 and the church was consecrated on 19th July 1958. We will be celebrating its 60th anniversary in July 2018.
The Church stands at the centre of the community, at the end of the row of shops; it is opposite the junction with St Keverne Road and Kimmeridge Road and is flanked by the church hall and vicarage. There is parking space at the front of the church and public transport is good, with buses from the nearest stations at Elmstead Woods (314 up Elmstead Lane) or Mottingham (126).
The Church comprises a nave, chancel, south east chapel, clergy vestry, narthex which is extended northward to provide a choir vestry and link into the hall. There is an imposing, square tower sited centrally at the west end. The chancel is of one and a half bays, the main bay accommodating the choir and the half bay the sanctuary. The nave is of five bays. There are narrow single storey side aisles with flat roofs over.