All Saints’ Parish Church, an amalgamation in the 1990s of St. Aidan’s, St. Gregory’s, St. Andrew’s, and St. Oswald’s Church. All Saints’ is the new name for St. Aidan’s Parish Church, consecrated 1896. The Parish is a single-church benefice.
An Anglo-Catholic church with a charismatic fervour, and a genuinely diverse congregation. Bishop Charles Gore (founder bishop of Birmingham) was among the first to preach at St. Aidan’s, and is commemorated in the window about the high altar. A sincere sacramental expression of life and worship, where the Gospel is preached and proclaimed, the Mass is celebrated, and the riches of the Catholic faith are revealed in T. F. Proud’s (original architect) Cathedral of the Backstreets.
An eclectic and diverse church drawn from Small Heath and a wide range of communities around the city.
An inner-urban community of (approximately) 26,500 residents, with the highest population of Muslims and Mosques in any Church of England parish, which works to forge good ecumenical and interfaith links. All Saints’ works hard to build relationships across religious divides, making a serious contribution to a significant area of central Birmingham.