St Giles’ church was probably founded in the Norman period. It must have been altered many times over the centuries and a major rebuilding in 1870 largely created the gothic church we see now. The earliest part of the present building is probably the tower which dates from either the early or middle of the 16th century. The tower is built of locally-sourced red sandstone ashlar and is of two stages.
We are a friendly church of a central tradition, and are currently holding one service in the parish per week with each of the four churches hosting a service every four weeks. All are welcome.