WEDNESDAY MORNING PRAYER DURING LENT
- for 41 days, 23 hours
- St Mary Magdalene
- Address Tanworth Green, East side Tanworth-in-Arden Birmingham, B94 5AL, GB
Lent is a time to extend our lives and our awareness. We have incorporated themes from the book by David Adams, Come & See - it seeks to help us improve our vision, the way we look at the world, each other and our God. We are invited to let Jesus touch us and open our eyes, rather than let him pass by.
Elements from the book will be incorporated into our regular Wednesday Morning Prayer for 7 sessions during Lent.
We gather at 9.15am as usual, and each session will last 45-50 minutes. The first session is on Ash Wednesday (22 February) and the last session will be in Holy Week on 5th April. Join any session.
1. 22 February: John the Baptist: “Behold the Lamb of God”
2. 1 March: Jesus: “Come and see”
3. 8 March: Andrew: “Come and See”
4. 15 March: The Samaritan Woman at the well
5. 22 March: “I once was blind but now I see”
6. 29 March: The Greeks: “We would see Jesus”
7. 5 April: Mary Magdalene: “I have seen the Lord” and Thomas: “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed”