St Andrew's Church, which sits high up overlooking the pretty village of Stokesby, dates from the 13th century, but various Norman mouldings point to an even earlier building on this site.
The first rector to be recorded was Thomas de Ormesby in 1283.
St Andrew's has some of the finest brasses in Norfolk - the earliest depicts Sir Edmund Clere in a combrous helmet with raised visor and is dated 1488.
The River Bure winds through the village and in the summer months many boating holidaymakers stop off at the village pub on the green. A walk up to visit the church would be well worth it.
At the present time the South Trinity Broads Parish is in interregnum and we hope to appoint a new Priest-in-Charge in late Spring 2017. For all enquiries concerning services or the arranging of marriages, funerals or baptisms please contact Mrs Alston (01493) 369326
VISIT OUR CHURCH AND OTHER CHURCHES IN OUR BENEFICE ON WWW.STBB.CO.UK