Church of England Diocese of Ely Wimbotsham

About Us

Wimbotsham Parish Church was seriously damaged by fire on 4th September 2019.

Services on the fourth Sunday of each month at held in Stow Bardolph Church. All Welcome!

The church was built around 1175. Both north and south doors are Norman.

In 1853/4 the roof of the nave was altered from thatch to slate with the walls raised to suit. The original chancel was rebuilt complete with an apse over what was thought to be a prior structure. Medieval-type carvings on pew ends by James Rattee (see Wikipedia) at that time.