Church of England Diocese of St.Albans Bushey

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

0208 950 1546

Getting here

St James' Church is set in the centre of the old village of Bushey - a village which has grown into a residential community with a population of over 15,000. Two sister churches, St Paul's and Holy Trinity, share with St James' in the Church of England's ministry to this large parish.

The Church, which is set back from the High Street behind a village green and a pond, has provided a place of peace for worship and prayer for over 700 years.

The building includes several features of great interest. Among these are the well-preserved hammer-beam roof, one of the oldest in Hertfordshire; a rare painting of the Arms of Queen Anne; and a bronze horse memorial to the artist Lucy Kemp-Welsh and other Bushey artists.

Our worship is the heart of St James' mission, ministry and community life. We believe it is important to offer worship to God which people of all ages and from a variety of traditions will want to share.

High Street
Bushey
Watford
WD23 1BD

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below