About the churchBuilt: 1866
Architect: J M K Hähn
Listing: not listed
The church stands on a site which slopes steeply down towards the south. The building is mainly of Reigate stone with dressings of a more durable stone. The nave rises above the north and south aisles with clerestory windows; there is a transept projecting to the north only but truncated on the south side, and the chancel is flanked on the south side by the Lady Chapel and on the north side by the organ chamber and vestries.
The steeple was reconstructed about the end of the 19th century in an unidentifiable stone of good weathering qualities. The ground storey of the steeple forma the south west porch which is the principle entrance. There is another south porch further east.