About the churchBuilt: 1860
Architect: Field & Hilton
Listing: not listed
The church stands on reasonably level ground immediately adjacent to Alma Road. The surrounding area is predominantly residential with some commercial/light industrial buildings a short distance to the south.
The church consists of nave and chancel with north and south aisles, north transept with corresponding Lady Chapel on the south side, tower at the west end of the north aisle, and inner and outer vestries. The organ chamber is above the outer vestry.
There is a small churchyard around the east end and along the north side as far as the tower. There is an access road along the south side leading to a car park and modern hall. The hall is attached to the church via the tower base.