We are very lucky to have such a lovely old church. Cool and peaceful, it is ideal for reflection and popular for weddings,and the De Grey Mausoleum is open to the public.(See contacts.)The church dates from the 15th century, but there was a church on the site in 1261, and Flitton is mentioned in the Domesday Book, spelt "ï¿½Flictham'. It is built from local sandstone, which does not weather well, making it costly to maintain! It was paid for by Edmund Lord Grey of Ruthin, Earl of Kent, whose family lived at Wrest Park, Silsoe, which is open to the public and well worth a visit. The porch was once open, housing shields of the De Grey family, but after the Dissolution and the Civil War most were lost, though you can still see rose carvings outside. There would also have been a lych gate. The Mausoleum was built in 1614 with later editions in 1705, and contains monuments to the De Greys ending in 1859. King Edward VII visited the church in 1908.