St Mary Virgin Northill

St.Mary Virgin Northill sits at the heart of the community in the picturesque village of Northill. The parish covers Ickwell, Thorncote, Hatch and Buena as well as Northill. Our church has a beautiful, well-maintained  14thC building in a large churchyard.

There is a weekly Sunday Service at 11.15am, usually a Sung Eucharist, (apart from first Sundays when there is a rotational service with the sister churches in the Benefice) and a said Eucharist on Thursday mornings at 9.30am. Special Services are held at all the major festivals. The church is well supported by members of the community. There is a close relationship with the village school and a thriving Friends of St.Mary's. 

Both the Church and the Friends put on a number of events throughout the year which bring the community together as well as raising funds. 

Give Now

Support our church for now and for future generations

Get in touch

Revd Christopher Lowdon

The Vicarage,
Biggleswade Road
Upper Caldecote

SG18 9BL
Parish Priest
01462 549028
What's on

Sung Eucharist

Every Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth Sunday at for 1 hour
St Mary Virgin Northill
Ickwell Road, Northill Biggleswade, SG18 9AA, United Kingdom

Our Regular Sung Eucharist Service


Our parish of Northill is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of St. Albans’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Jez Hurst on 01727 818 107 or 07867 350 886 or via email [email protected] . Alternatively, if it's something local to this church, contact our own Safeguarding Officer, Sue Tyler on 01767 627642.
If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please don't wait - contact the police and/or your local authority’s children or adult social care service