Welcome to St James the Great, High Wych!
Our delightful and unusual small Victorian church was designed by C.E. Pritchett and consecrated in 1861. It has a number of interesting features including a round bell turret with a blue 'Bennet' clock, a richly decorated apse and a two-manual 'Father Willis' organ and is situated next to the C of E primary school, High Wych School, which was built at the same time.
As well as its intrinsic beauty, our church has a peaceful, intimate atmosphere and a very welcoming congregation. The services are taken from 'Common Worship' and are inclusive for all, with the first Sunday of every month is our family service which is a relaxed and a very informal service full of fun, noise, crafting and musical instruments!
Any visitor to the area is more than welcome to any of our services or to attend events and our churchyard and our church are open every day between 10:00 and 16:00.
Our church is a beautiful venue for baptisms and weddings, offering a truly memorable Christian service on those special day.