About the churchBuilt: 1955
Listing: not listed
St Edmund's is a hall church, that is one that is used as a community resource during the week for activities such as play groups, badminton, Brownies, etc, but which converts into a church when services are to be held. The church was opened in 1955, the result of the inspiration, determination and hard work of many local people. The building consists primarily of a central hall, with a stage at one end and the chancel at the other, the latter being divided from the hall by large folding doors. In the 1970s, a second, smaller hall was constructed adjoining the west wall of the main building, and is named in honour of St Edmund's first Church Warden, William Goddard.