From the earliest days, S. Barnabas' has engaged in a lively and committed parochial ministry and witness in the Catholic tradition in the Church of England. The Mass and the Daily Offices of Morning and Evening Prayer are at the heart of our corporate life. We welcome you to join us.
The building, designed by London architects J E R and CP Cutts, is of red brick and stone, and the building contains many notable examples of ecclesiatical design by such designers as Sir Ninian Comper, Martin Travers and Sir William Milner & Romilly Craze. The foundation stone for this church was laid on 11th May 1887 by the Rt Revd Edward King, Bishop of Lincoln, and was consecrated by the Bishop of Dover on 18th May 1893. The organ, used for all principal services, was built by T. C. Lewis. S. Barnabas' is an extraordinary example of the Victorian Gothic Revival, so closely associated with the Anglo-Catholic movement in the Church of England.
We are a parish of the Diocese of Rochester and are under the pastoral care of the Bishop of Richborough.