We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Parish Church of St. James is located in Church Lane on the very edge of the forest. It is an attractive building in an attractive location. Built in 1869, the church has been very well kept over the years and has seen two sensitive extensions to provide space for children’s work, and church based activities.
We aim to offer a diversity of worship so that most people will find something that suits them. Services range from traditional prayer book, to mainstream parish communion, and family and informal services . Please see the services page for more detail.
In addition there are children’s groups, for all ages. These meet alongside the main 10:00 am service, with some on Sunday evenings.
There is also a very active branch of the Mothers Union and regular bible study groups.
St James is a broad based and welcoming church community and visitors and newcomers are made very welcome without being overwhelmed!
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below