The Parish of St John’s Stoneleigh was constituted in October 1948. Long before this, new roads were being laid and homes built over the fields. A Sunday school was started in Sparrow Farm School in 1935 while in 1936 a Church Hall was opened in Dell Lane where regular services were held.
The present Church building, on the corner of Stoneleigh Park Road and Station Approach, was built in 1939. In 1958 the Church was extended by the addition of the tower, gallery and porch. A hearing loop system and sound system was installed in 1998. The glass doors at the west end of the Church were installed in memory of a member of the congregation in 2000 when the church was repainted and a new floor was laid
The red brick exterior of the Church building belies the beauty and simplicity of the inside. The Chapel on the north side of the Church is used every day for services and is also available all day for private prayer
The fine Parish Centre, with its excellent facilities, was built in 1995 and plays a key role in the life of the Church and the community.