Please see our Church Website for details:
St Mary’s is situated in the delightful village of Holmbury St Mary at the centre of the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The church was built in 1879 by the eminent Victorian architect George Edmund Street and its architectural style could be described as high Victorian. However, as the only church in the village, we try to make our style of worship as wide-ranging and diverse as possible in order to serve the needs of every parishioner and visitor. We seek to do this through a pattern of services that includes both formal (liturgical) and informal approaches, through regular prayer and discussion groups and through our lively family activities. We extend a warm welcome to both villagers and visitors whether they are occasional worshippers or are seeking a deeper spiritual understanding.
We have operated as a Joint Benefice with the neighbouring parish of St John the Evangelist, Wotton, since 1979 and the Benefice has recently expanded to include the other churches in the former Leith Hill Group: St James, Abinger and Christ Church, Coldharbour.
Holmbury St Mary
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below