We have given a brief description of Godly Play below. If you would like to find out more please visit the Godly Play UK website.
To find out how you can join our Godly Play services please see details on our services and events page.
What is Godly Play
A Christian movement centred on childhood spirituality – providing training to transform thinking and practice for the whole of life.
The Heart of Godly Play
* Creating Sacred Space
* Building and working in community
* Learning religious language
* Using religious language to make meaning
A Godly Play session includes a time to:-
* get ready
* tell a story using objects and artefacts
* explore the story more with open questions and discussion
* respond with a free choice using a variety of materials – art… silence… play… writing…
* enjoy a simple feast and sharing
Imagine someone who….
* creates a space to think big
* learns as well as teaches
* doesn’t always know the answer
* builds a community
* enables children to make connections
* is open to the unexpected
* slows down the pace
* provides the tools then stands back
Imagine an approach to Christian nurture and education that...
* promotes knowledge, skills empathy, spiritual growth
* develops the needs of the whole child
* provides a multi-sensory approach to learning
* develops language and communication skills
* develops thinking skills
* provides depth and reflection in every session
Godly Play can help you see and do things differently
“In most religious education children are told who God is. In Godly Play children discover who God is.”
Godly Play service videos: