About the churchBuilt: 1878 - 87
Architect: J L Pearson
Listing: grade 2*
The church consists of a lofty nave and chancel under one continuous slated roof, side aisles under copper roofs, the Lady Chapel to the south of the chancel aisle, north and south transepts, vestries and organ chamber to the north of the church and an uncompleted tower attached to the south transept.
Walls are of solid thick brickwork with red facings externally and Bath stone dressings. Internally walls are faced in yellow stocks. Ceilings are vaulted in brick with stone ribs. The entire church is extremely well constructed and detailed.